200g Sarah Nelson’s Grasmere Gingerbread® Bag of Crumbs.
75g Sarah Nelson’s Rum Butter, melted
1 tsp ground ginger
200g golden syrup
100g crystallised ginger
300ml double cream
500g mascarpone cheese
Grease a 7 to 8-inch spring cake tin and line with baking paper.
1. Pour Sarah Nelson’s Grasmere Gingerbread Bag of Crumbs into a bowl and add the melted butter, stirring everything together so the Sarah Nelson’s Rum butter is well mixed.
2. Empty the Rum Butter and the gingerbread crumb mixture into the tin, pressing it down with a spoon to level it, place in the fridge to chill and allow the gingerbread crumb mixture to harden.
3. Take a bowl, whip up the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
4. In a separate mixing bowl mix half the golden syrup and half of the crystallised ginger with the ground ginger and mascarpone cheese.
5. Gently fold the above into the whipped cream and then transfer the mixture into the cake tin.
6. Mix the remaining golden syrup and crystallised ginger together and drizzle on top of the cheesecake.
7. Return to the fridge and chill for at least two hours or until ready to serve.