THANK you for visiting our website and especially your interest in employment with us.
Current Employment Vacancies
Please click here to download the Grasmere Gingerbread application form.
Please click here to view the Candidate Privacy Notice.
Days of work:
Varied; dictated by the event, promotional activities and talk programme. Many of the events are weekend days and talks in the evening. When no event activity is taking place administration and organisational work is undertaken within the business office which operates 9am to 5.30pm.
Hours of Work:
Average weekly total of 37.5 hours but hours are varied, depends on event and location, some can be early starting for set-ups at events, and talks can finish late in the evening and location can dictate finishing time.
There are very occasional nights away.
Please find attached a calendar for the events/promotional days and talks for 2018 to give an indication – this programme will not be the exact same for 2019.
Rate of Pay:
£19,500 – £22,000 per annum. One-year fix term contract, to be reviewed.
Statutory to be taken around the event calendar.
Main Purpose of Job:
Prepare for and attend a schedule of events, shows, promotional days, and pop-up shops; to make sales and build awareness of product and business. Prepare, attend and deliver presentations and talks as an informed ambassador. To make sales, build brand awareness and to further increase sales for shop, mail order, weddings and any ‘other’ business.
Ultimately responsible to:
The Directors and Manager
Direct liaison with the Events and Marketing Manager, also other members of the sales & marketing personnel, as well as other members of the team.
Main tasks of the job:
- Event research and planning alongside the Events & Marketing Manager;
- Put in place all logistics for events and prepare briefing;
- Prepare stock sheets and stock;
- Pack vehicle of all stock and equipment and take to location;
- Setting up and taking down of stand / presentation and any equipment;
- Display and delivery of company image and brand;
- First class customer care;
- Sales and promotion of the business, the gingerbread and sundry products;
- Inform and sell on shop and other products; weddings / mail order, group visits, talks, etc;
- Delivery of talks and presentation to both public and trade through various mediums;
- Event housekeeping;
- Feed Sales & Marketing Manager with appropriate digital marketing material relevant to event activity;
- Working alongside other team members or supervisory where necessary;
- Stock monitoring and final stock checks;
- Responsibility of income;
- Event de-brief paperwork;
- Event evaluation with Event Manager;
- Continual research for other promotional events through event associates;
- Assist with any in-house events;
- Undertake any other duties, reasonably requested by the mangers to ensure the best marketing opportunities for the business are executed.
The successful candidate must be able to work and travel independently to various locations, be energetic, efficient and well organised. Completely sales focused, be highly personable and responsible to act as the ambassador for the business. Have exceptional organisational skills and an eye for detail. Be able to communicate at all levels. Experience in sales and marketing, event management would be beneficial.
- Driver with clean licence.
- Sales, organisational and customer care experience, computer literate.
- Time management skills.
- Company vehicle
- Health Plan
- Full training given across all areas of the business
- Uniform provided and must be worn to our Code of Practice
- Expenses where applicable
- Staff discounts
- Car parking provision when in Grasmere
- Special confidentiality agreement to be undertaken
- A need for good physical fitness to lift, carry and stand for periods of time, sometimes outside.
Click here for examples of events and promotional activities.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted on a company application form and MUST be accompanied by a hand-written letter stating why YOU would make the perfect Sales Ambassador.
- Applications are still being accepted for the position of Sales Ambassador.
- We DO NOT accept CV’s attached to an application form – forms must be completed fully to be considered.
- Applications will ONLY be accepted on a company application form application forms can be downloaded from our website under employment.
Applicants for the Business Admin Apprenticeship do not have to go through Kendal College.
They can be made in the first instance direct through Grasmere Gingerbread® via the normal employment application procedure (company application form, no CV’s).
For details on this position please click here.
We DO NOT accept any employment applications via email.
We DO NOT accept CV’s attached to an application form – forms must be completed fully to be considered.
Applications will ONLY be accepted on a company application form and submitted by hard-copy ‘by-hand’ or by post.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate in contacting Mrs Jane Potter who deals with HR, she can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (015394) 35428.
You can meet our present team on our Staff page here.
Thank you and good luck!