THANK you for visiting our website and especially your interest in employment with us.
Current Employment Vacancies
Please click here to download the Grasmere Gingerbread application form.
Please click here to view the Candidate Privacy Notice.
Days of work:
Varied; dictated by the event, promotional activities and talk bookings. Many of the events are weekend days and talks in the evening.
Hours of Work:
Varied, depends on event and location, some can be early starting for set-ups at events, and talks can finish late in the evening, depends on location. Please find attached a calendar for the events/promotional days and talks for 2018 to give an indication – it will not equate a full-time position.
Rate of Pay:
£22,000 pro rota. (based on 37.5 hours per week)
Minimum hours guaranteed per annum 1750 – see attached Event Plan which shows variation of hours per day/week due to the requirements of the position. Guaranteed weekly income payment of £150, additional adjustment payment made weekly.
Need to understand more… then please call Jane Potter, HR on (015394) 35428.
Statutory pro-rota, to be taken around the event calendar.
Main Purpose of Job:
Prepare for and attend a schedule of events, shows, promotional days, and pop-up shops; to make sales and build awareness of product and business. Prepare, attend and deliver presentations and talks as an informed ambassador. To make sales, build brand awareness and to further increase sales for shop, mail order, weddings and any ‘other’ business.
Ultimately responsible to:
The Directors and Manager
Direct liaison with the Events and Marketing Manager, also other members of the sales & marketing personnel, as well as other members of the team.
Main tasks of the job:
- Prepare stock sheets and stock
- Pack vehicle of all stock and equipment and take to location
- Setting up and taking down of stand/presentation and any equipment
- Display and delivery of company image and brand
- First class customer care
- Sales and promotion of the business, the gingerbread and sundry products
- Inform and sell on shop and other products; weddings/mail order, group visits, talks, etc.
- Delivery of talks and presentations to both public and trade through various mediums
- Event housekeeping
- Working alongside other team members or supervisory where necessary
- Stock monitoring and final stock checks
- Responsibility of income
- Event de-brief paperwork
- Event evaluation with Event Manager
- Continual research for other promotional events through event associates
- Assist with any in-house events
- Undertake any other duties, reasonably requested by the managers to ensure the best marketing opportunities for the business are executed.
The successful candidate must be able to work and travel independently to various locations, be energetic, efficient and well organised. Completely sales focussed, be highly personable and responsible to act as the ambassador for the business. Have exceptional organisational skills and an eye for detail. Be able to communicate at all levels. Experience in sales and marketing would be beneficial.
Full training given across all areas of the business
Uniform provided and must be worn to our Code of Practice
Expenses where applicable
- Special confidentiality agreement to be undertaken
- Be able to lift and carry
For the position of SALES AMBASSADOR a hand-written letter must accompany the application form. This letter should give details of why you think you would make a great ambassador for your business.
We DO NOT accept any employment applications via email.
We DO NOT accept CV’s attached to an application form – forms must be completed fully to be considered.
Applications will ONLY be accepted on a company application form and submitted by hard-copy ‘by-hand’ or by post.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate in contacting Mrs Jane Potter who deals with HR, she can be contacted on email@example.com or telephone: (015394) 35428.
You can meet our present team here.
Thank you and good luck!