2 cups Grasmere Gingerbread®, finely crushed
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
32 ounces (2 pounds) cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup treacle
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
8 ounces (1 cup) sour cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Line muffin tins with approximately 16 paper baking cups.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the gingerbread crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated.
3. Spread the crumb mixture evenly between the baking cups and press down to firm up the crust.
4. Place in the oven and bake until set, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on cooling rack.
5. Reduce oven temperature to gas mark 3.
6. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes.
7. Mix in the sugar and the vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
8. Beat in the treacle, salt, spices, and orange zest. Pour the filling evenly between the baking cups.
9. Bake until cheesecake is set but still jiggles in the centre when shaken, 20 to 30 minutes.
10. Allow cheesecakes to cool completely on a wire rack.