Millie’s Apricot and Ginger Dessert
Preparation and cooking time: 30 mins (approx).
1 kilo fresh apricots
250 gm sugar
3 tablespoons Sarah’s Seville Orange and Ginger Marmalade
Vanilla ice cream
Four traditional pieces of Grasmere Gingerbread
A handful of Grasmere Gingerbread crumbs
1. Wash, stone and quarter apricots.
2. Stew apricots over a low heat until soft, add sugar and marmalade and cook for a further minute or two until sugar is dissolved.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. Carefully cut Grasmere Gingerbread pieces into three narrow strips.
5. Spoon apricot and marmalade puree into individual serving dishes and top each one with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
6. Sprinkle Grasmere Gingerbread crumbs over the ice cream.
7. Place the serving dish on a plate with two fingers of Grasmere Gingerbread and serve.
Click Here to buy Grasmere Gingerbread Crumbs