Experience Grasmere at YOUR place
We deliver a longer lecture about Grasmere Gingerbread® and other wonderful Lake District foods – but directly to YOU.
Our Grasmere Gingerbread® ambassador dressed in Victorian costume will captivate your audience with a fascinating ‘Facts & Photos’ PowerPoint presentation.
See and hear how:
- Romantic writers and artists like poet William Wordsworth helped bring the first tourists to Grasmere in the 19th century;
- The geography of the Lake District enabled the development of sensational new foodstuffs – unique to Cumbria;
- Cumberland Rum Butter grew from the international rum and spice trade through West Cumbria’s thriving 18th century ports;
- The early steam trains boosted Victorian visitor numbers in Grasmere and the Lake District;
- Sarah Nelson– who invented Grasmere Gingerbread® in 1854 – suffered a lifetime of toil and personal heartache;
- The former village school (built in 1630) became her Church Cottage home and eventually The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop;
- Grasmere Gingerbread® is still made fresh every day of the year from Sarah’s trademarked SECRET recipe in The Grasmere Gingerbread Shop;
- Top chefs, celebrities and countless TV shows and press articles have helped to make it world-famous and how it’s sent out to customers across the globe.
The presentation is supported by a selection of atmospheric and historical images.
Our ambassador is delighted to take questions from the audience afterwards.
Appetites whetted by the lecture, everyone is offered a slice of freshly-baked Grasmere Gingerbread® and an oatcake spread with our own handmade Cumberland Rum Butter.
You will also have the opportunity to buy freshly baked Grasmere Gingerbread® and other unique, hand-made and home-made goodies.
Numbers for our outside lectures must be at least 50. If you wish to ‘open’ the talk to interested outsiders to boost numbers we will help your publicity drive on our social media sites.
Where we have been and what was said…
University of the Third Age, Rotary, Local history societies, Women’s Institutes, Photography clubs, Inner Wheel, Probus, Age UK, Senior Citizens’ clubs, Lunch clubs, Soroptomists’ clubs.
We also visit Schools – please view our Educational Pages – click here
Outside talks cost £50 (within one hour’s driving time from Grasmere). Additional charges apply further away.
For further information/to book Tel: 015394 35428 or Email: email@example.com.